The Cavitt Cyber Cowboys VEX Robotics Club wil be returning to competition in the 2021-2022 season. We are currently recruiting Adult Mentors to help restart the program. Please contact the Cavitt office or email Cavitt.Robotics@gmail.com for more information.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Incoming 7th and 8th graders from Cavitt Jr High School extremely interested in VEX robotics and committed to participating in meetings, competitions, and required open house/show case events
- Students in enrolled in Cavitt's PLTW classes, or students who have demonstrated programming and robotics building skills
- Students with positive attitudes & energy, ready to represent Cavitt with pride, and demonstrating sportsmanship and respect in every aspect of their engagement with teammates, mentors, alliance teams, competitors and officials
- Demonstrated ability to work well in small teams
- Parent mentors to help guide the team in new concepts, technical skills and productivity
The team works very hard during the season! Generally, the team meets 2 times per week during the school year, but with extra meetings leading into competitions! The team will hold a series of introductory/training meetings over the summer to ensure a good fit for the team and the applicants.
Space in the program may be limited based on equipment availability, meeting space size/availability, number of technical mentors/parent volunteers, and other factors. Regular participation in work meetings, and full participation at team events is required to be part of the team.